Ten candidates vie for Katikati-Waihi Beach by-election
5 March 2021
Ten nominations have been received for one seat on Western Bay of Plenty District Council to replace Katikati-Waihi Beach Ward Councillor Christina Humphreys who resigned in January.
At close of nominations at noon today the candidates are:
- Bryce Bevin (Independent)
- John Clements
- Griff Cooke
- Bill Hedges (Independent)
- Andrew Hollis
- Rodney Joyce (Independent)
- David Marshall
- Allan Sole
- Kevin Tohiariki
- Kim Williams (Independent)
A by-election will be held on Friday, 30 April 2021 by postal vote under the first-past-the-post electoral system.
Voting packs will be posted to electors of the Katikati-Waihi Beach Ward from Thursday, 8 April 2021.
Voting opens from Thursday, 8 April and closes at noon, Friday, 30 April 2021.
Voting documents must be returned to the Electoral Officer, Western Bay of Plenty District Council. Voting documents can be returned by post or hand-delivered during normal business hours no later than noon Friday, 30 April 2021. Voting documents must be delivered to:
- Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s Main Office, Barkes Corner, 1484 Cameron Road, Greerton, Tauranga
- Katikati Library and Service Centre, The Centre - Pātuki Manawa, 21 Main Road, Katikati
- Waihi Beach Library and Service Centre, Waihi Beach Road, Waihi Beach.
A person can apply to enrol as a residential or ratepayer elector up to and including Thursday, 29 April 2021 – the day before the close of voting.
By-election key dates:
- Thursday, 8 April: Voter packs sent out in the mail
- Thursday 8 April: Voting opens
- Friday, 30 April: Voting closes 12 noon.